||At Trusted.com, our goal is to help prevent people from passing off counterfeit goods as authentic, which in turn helps maintain the integrity and preserve the brand and value of the authentic products you purchase. Among other things, you can verify the authenticity of the products registered in our database before you purchase them, by entering the manufacturer's serial number at our Site.
What Types of Information Do We Collect?
We may collect information about you directly or indirectly from your use of the Site and Services, as well as from other sources, such as party business partners and affiliates. In general, we collect information as described below.
Account Registration: To use our Services, you must register at our Site. To register for an account, we may ask you to provide the following information: name, mailing address, phone number, fax number, email address, and your chosen user name and password. We then send you an e-mail to verify your account and e-mail address.
All Trusted Authorized Retailers maintain their own payment processor; the Authorized Retailer, not Trusted, is processing your payment information for that product.
Purchase Information/Supply Chain Information: When you make a purchase through the Site or Services, whether from us or an Authorized Retailer, we collect information about your purchase, including your name, the name of the seller, description of the item, purchase price, and purchase date, which we may combine with the other information we have collected about you. We use this information to update our database of authentic products, and to analyze your purchasing or selling patterns and history. We may combine with the other personal information that we have collected about you. We also may obtain information from you through the supply chain, such as from manufacturers, distributors, or retailers even if you do not purchase products or Services through our Site.
Message Boards and User Forums: Our Site allows you to post comments, opinions, or other content on message boards or other publicly accessible areas of the Site. This information may be viewed by other users of the Site, as well as public visitors to the Site. We may collect information about the content you post and may combine that information with other personal information that we collect about you.
Other Information: We may also collect information about any inquiries or communication between you and Trusted or any communications we may receive from parties about your use of the Site or Services, or about your use of our Services. We may combine this information with the other personal information we have collected about you.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
In general we use the information we collect, including personal information, about you for the following purposes:
How Do We Disclose Your Personal Information?
- To provide our Services to you
- To fulfil or process your orders
- To register your purchase (e.g., we will use supply chain information to register you as the current owner of the product in our database)
- To communicate with you about your account and to respond to any inquiries or complaints
- To provide troubleshooting, technical support and customer service
- To develop and provide products and services tailored to your interests
- To send you marketing and promotional information
- To display targeted advertisements to you
- To otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services
- To improve the Site and Services
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, for the purposes of improving our Site and Services and responding to user desires and preferences, and for other research or analysis purposes
We may disclose the information we collect about you, including personal information, under the following circumstances:
- Supply Chain. When you purchase an authentic product, we update our database with the purchase information. We may also share your name and contact details with the other companies within the supply chain for that product, such as the manufacturer, distributor and retailer for that product. These companies may use your information to track the sale history of the authentic product, for research or analysis, and for other purposes, including marketing. Their use of your information is subject to the companies' respective privacy policies, not this Trusted Policy.
- Service Providers.We may disclose the information we collect from you to party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents that perform functions on our behalf. These parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal information and to only use it for the purposes for which they have been engaged by us.
- Business Transfers.If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
- Legal Process. We may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena or other legal process.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with parties for marketing, advertising, research or other purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that party about the users to whom we displayed the advertisements.
What About Public Forums?
How Can You Unsubscribe from Trusted Emails?
If you have signed up for our Services, we may, from time to time, send emails to solicit your feedback or to notify you about promotional offers and other information we think may interest you. If you do not wish to receive emails from Trusted, you may opt out of future e-mails by clicking the unsubscribe link in any such e-mail or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
How Can You Access, Correct or Delete Personal Information?
Account holders may access and amend the contact information and certain other account information we have collected from them by logging in to their accounts and changing their account information. In addition, you may request access to or modification of any personal data we have collected about you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies. When you come to the Site, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Site visitors who disable their web browsers' ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Site; however, you must enable cookies to use most of our Services.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs).We or the parties we engage to track and analyze Site data may employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) to help us better manage content on the Site. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages.
Flash LSOs. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your Site preferences, to personalize your visit, or to display content based upon what you view on our Site. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. In addition, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash cookies through your browser. To learn how to manage your settings for Flash cookies click here.
What About Third-Party Links?
How Secure is Your Personal Information?
We want the information that you submit to us to be secure. We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect our Site and Services, as well as the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For example, when you submit your credit card number or personal information to us online, that information is encrypted and protected with SSL technology, the current industry-standard protocol. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request a list of certain parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at email@example.com. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
What about Children?
Our Site is not intended to be used by children under 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, or target our Site to, children under the age 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will remove it from our systems immediately.
How Can You Contact Us?
11950 Democracy Drive STE 300
Reston, VA, United States 20190